Using this site - FAQ
Information for private landlords, letting agents and tenants using the Simple2rent.co.uk property website
Listed below are FAQs and tips for using the Simple2rent property website. This information will be added to based on feedback we receive from our customers. If you have any suggestions please email admin @ simple2rent.co.uk with details.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- I have tried to register but the password has not been sent to me?
When you register a password will be sent to you from admin at simple2rent.co.uk. If you have not received the password within 30 minutes (usually much quicker) try the following:
Check that your Landlord, Tenant or Letting Agent email address is correct
Enter your email address at login, then click on Forgot Password
If the email does not arrive within 30 minutes check your spam folder, and if necessary your adjust spam email settings.
Once you are logged in you can change the password by editing Landlord, Tenant or Letting Agent details.
Log on, then select Tenant, Landlord or Letting Agent details to edit. Enter your new password into both fields for password and confirmation. If you have forgotten your password you can enter your email at the login stage and click on "Forgot Password", it will then be sent to you by email.
When copying text from applications such as MS Word it incldues formatting text, this will often prevent the advert being copied correctly or return an error. Ideally the advert text should be typed in or if you wish to copy the text then first copy into Notepad (or other clear text application) and then copy and paste into your advert.
Once logged in as Landlord or Letting Agent you can list your properties to let by selecting the option on the main menu. In the summary list of properties to let , click on the icon for "Add images" and follow the instructions to upload.
1. Log in and then select either Landlord Properties or Agent Properties (if you are registered as an Agent) from the main menu, this should list the properties you have added.
2. For the property that you wish to add images to, click on the icon under the column heading "Add images", you will now have a screen showing the image upload information required.
3. Enter a name for the image, i.e. LondonFlat. Ensure the name is at least 4 characters long, use only numbers or letters, no spaces.
4. Select the file type as Image - this is key, otherwise the image will not be displayed.
5. Click on Browse, you will then see files on your PCs hard drive, find the image file you want to upload and select it [ note MAX 200Kb file size ]. It is easy to reduce image sizes, search online for "online image optimiser", in just a few seconds you can reduce the image size!
6. You should now be back on the Simple2rent upload screen, click on Upload and wait for confirmation that this is complete. It may take just a few seconds if you have a fast connection, or it could take up to a minute or more for slow connections.
7. That's it, your image will now be on line.
Will my contact information be used by anyone else?
Simple2rent will not share your contact information with any third party. Simple2rent will only use the information provided for communicating directly with you.
As a member you can update and save search preferences for properties to rent. You will then receive notification updates when new properties have been advertised matching your requirements. These notifications run as long as you set your registration details to receive emails; so once you find your flat to rent in London, or other property, simply log back and cancel by selecting "No" for email updates.
- How do I tell the difference between a property advertised by private landlords and letting agents?
The summary property descriptions will identify the type of advertiser as a private landlord or letting agent.
We will only display the advertisers telephone number with the advert, where this has been agreed. The email address is not displayed to help protect the advertiser from "email harvesting spiders" and subsequent unwanted or spam emails. Tenants will email advertisers via Simple2rent, after which they can establish free contact with them. Advertisers may of course put email and other contact information in the advertisement; although it is not recommended to place email addresses here.
After you have logged in, select List Landlord (or Agent) Properties on the left hand main menu. Identify the property to be deleted, then check the box (right side of list), then select delete, and confirm. All deletions are permanent.
Tips for the private landlord, letting agents and tenants using this site
- Keeping your property updated
It is beneficial for everyone to keep property adverts updated. Simple2rent may delete adverts that have not been updated for a period of 45 days. However a key benefit for advertisers is that our search listings will tend to display the most recently modified property adverts first. So, if you want to maximise the chances of someone finding your home to rent, keep it updated.
With each property advert you can attach up to 3 images. Each image is limited to a maximum size of 200Kb. Also note uploads of *.exe files will not be accepted.
- Promoting properties to let
The summary description allows up to 200 characters (about 20 words) and the detailed description allows up to 2000 characters (about 200 words). This allows you quite a bit of flexibility to promote your property to let, so make use of it. Images are also key to help promote your property, take advantage of the 3 image uploads with each advert. Finally, remember to put across all of the key attributes and be honest, it is infuriating for Tenants to be misled by false statements. Simple2rent may also ban advertisers if we receive repeated complaints or violation of our Terms and Conditions.
Flats to rent in London
Landlord properties to let
Agent properties to let